Depression, which is partly anger at ourselves, is self-destructive and drains our energy to the point that it is sometimes difficult to function even minimally. Depression is an illness of will, which becomes diseased, making a person incapable of persevering in many pursuits...(by the Entrepreneural Monk)
Collection of Self-Help Tips for treatment and management:
Some Cool Depression Links:
- -Join a support group for depression.
- -Develop a wellness toolbox (check out the blog's tools)
- -Establish routines
- -Aim for 8 hours of sleep.
- -Expose yourself to a little sunlight every day
- -Practice relaxation techniques
- -Get regular exercise
- -Minimize sugar and refined carbs
- -Boost your B vitamins
- -Consider taking a chromium supplement
- -Omega-3 fatty acids play an essential role in stabilizing mood
- -Keep a “negative thought log” and replace negatives with positives
- -Socialize with positive people
- -EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) tapping
- -mindfulness training: working towards increasing self-awareness, mind-body awareness, and recognizing limitations.
- -Limiting consumption of sugar and caffeine, and abstinence from alcohol and recreational drugs
Adjusting Your Life for Recovery From Depression (from webmd.com)
Dealing with Depression: SELF-HELP AND COPING TIPS (from helpguide.org)
- Depression & Squalor: Cleaning up our mental messes (from Squalor Survivors)