|Posted on August 2, 2011 at 11:57 PM|
"What can you do to build your self-esteem? Here are some ideas.
- Be positive about yourself. It's much better to give yourself compliments than to put yourself down.
- Think of all the things you are good at and all your successes. Write these down and keep adding to the list. Read the list every day.
- Stop comparing yourself with other students. Your comparison should be with yourself. Are you better today than you were yesterday?
- Associate with students who like, respect, and support you. Try to avoid students who are always looking to find fault with you.
- Get involved in activities you enjoy. You will likely be successful in these activities.
- Make use of your special talents and abilities. These are your strengths.
- Take good care of yourself. You will feel better about yourself if you are healthy and well rested.
- Attack what you think are your weaknesses. Prove to yourself that "you can do it.
- "Help others. You will really feel good about yourself when you do.
- Keep looking for ways to improve yourself. As the old saying goes, "Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among stars."
The higher your self-esteem, the higher will be your achievement.